Sterling silver tarnishes when exposed to salty air, chlorine, sulfur, humidity, perspiration, cosmetics, household bleach and other strong chemicals. To prevent tarnish as much as possible,
While gold vermeil (pronounced vur-may) rests squarely in the mid-range price category, you should still take the utmost care with your treasured pieces.
We recommend that you store your fine jewelry in a safe, dry place when engaging in the following activities:
- Household and outdoor chores
- Showering, bathing or swimming in pools, hot tubs, hot springs and the ocean
- Applying Lotions and Perfumes
- Exercising at the gym or during contact sports
- Preparing meals
How to Clean Your Jewlery
- Gently rub your jewelry with a soft cloth
- Rinse the silver thoroughly in warm water.
- Blot dry and shine your jewelry with a polishing cloth or mitts. This will remove any tarnish and restore shine.
- Next store away in a Jewelry Pouch.